OAK HILL POOL
Rules and Regulations
We appreciate the cooperation of all members in observing the following rules. Violation of these rules may result in suspension of swimming privileges. Please remember, the lifeguard’s decision is final when safety is at question. Constructive criticism is welcome and should be expressed to the pool manager in written or verbal form. Appeals to suspend privileges or revocation of membership shall be the decision of the Board of Directors. In the event of suspension of privileges or revocation of membership, members will not be entitled to a refund of membership dues.
- Members must register at the front desk prior to entering the pool area.
- Members must also register each guest
- Members are responsible for conduct of their guests. Failure to follow the rules and regulations by guests or members can result in restriction or cancellation of membership with no refund.
- An adult must accompany children under 8 years old.
- Babies and toddlers wearing diapers must wear a disposable brief known as “Swimmers” while in the pool area.
- Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of our members and guests. The supervision of the pool is the responsibility of the pool manager. No person will be allowed in the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty. Please do not talk or visit with the lifeguards who are on duty.
- Permission must be obtained from the manager on duty before flotation toys, balls or any other objects, are permitted in the pool. Automobile tubes are not to be used in the pool at any time.
- If your child cannot swim the width of the pool or touch the bottom floor:
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) need to be within an arm’s reach of the child at all times.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) not wishing to be in the water with their child may opt to use a coast guard approved self-righting lifejacket which has been properly fitted.
- Only persons in proper bathing attire will be permitted in the pool. Cut-off or tennis shorts are not considered proper bathing attire.
- The association allows members of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages within moderation. Please use discretion. The manager on duty shall determine abuse of this privilege and appropriate disciplinary action.
- There will be a 10-minute safety break for children on the hour, each hour, until 8:00 P.M.
- After 6:00 P.M. children 15 years of age and under must be accompanied by their parents or a legal guardian 18 years of age or older.
- The pool telephone is available for emergency use only.
- Oak Hill Pool will not be responsible for the loss or theft of any personal property. It should also be understood that the use of pool equipment is at your own risk.
DIVING BOARD RULES
- FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, DIVING IN SHALLOW WATER OF FIVE FEET OR LESS IS PROHIBITED.
- One person is allowed on the board at a time.
- Each person will wait at the bottom of the ladder until the preceding dive is completed.
- One bounce per dive is allowed.
- Each person will be sure the area below the diving board is clear before diving.
- Each person will surface immediately after each dive and return to the pool edge directly upon surfacing.
- Wrestling, profane language, fighting, running pushing, or disrespect of the guards is not allowed.
- No eating, spitting, or blowing nose is permitted in the pool.
- Illegal substances or weapons on the premises will result in immediate suspension of swimming privileges for the season. Season dues will NOT be reimbursed.
DISREGARD OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING DISPLINARY ACTIONS:
- 1st Warning – Member will sit out of the pool for a minimum of 15 minutes
- 2nd Warning – Member will be required to leave to property for the day.
If dismissed from the premises two (2) or more times-the membership will be subject to suspension or revocation of membership pending a review by the Board of Directors. In the event of suspension of privileges or revocation of membership, members shall not be entitled to a rebate or refund of season dues.